Friday, February 15, 2013

A Good Place.

Content. 
I'm really finding myself at a good place these days.

Life has gone from travelling with a backpack,
... to camping out in someone else's home,
... while attempting to start up life just in time for an un-routined Christmas season,
... to adjusting back to being a part of Inner Hope community,
... to orienting myself to new job responsibilities
... to reintegrating into a new, but familiar church community,
... and remembering a city that I used to know like the back of my hand,
... to getting possession of our new apartment,
... but spending a few days split between the sublet and the new place,
... to living in the new place, but without things from a dresser to dish soap to a shoe rack...

ALAS! I am THRILLED to say, that after six months of on-the-go, I am finally feeling settled. And, for this once-vegabond, this is a really good thing.

Twice, in the last two days, I've said aloud to Andrew, "I really like life right now."
And I do.
Pour que?

1. I love Vancouver. I love the city, the culture, the mountains and ocean, the multiculturalism, the geography, the food, the coffee, the vibe, the variety, the wooden homes, the gritty eastside, comfortable westside and the glorious north shore.

2. I have a few solid friendships that are still flourishing here in Vancouver (more so now that I am here).
There are a few new friendships that I'm really excited about!

3. I love our church community and how God is moving in East Van. Authentic, honest, humble, based on truth, simple regular people doing life for the glory of God, proclaiming Jesus in this city.

4. I really, really love my job. It is a beautiful combination of working with youth and just walking alongside life with them as a positive, healthy adult... and the other piece is instilling and sharing the passion with volunteers who are also working with and leading the youth. I love the organization I work with. I love my coworkers. I am excited about what the future holds for Inner Hope. I love these kids. They are fantastic, and I am honoured to be earning/have earned their trust and to be doing life with them.

5. I love our home! (photos to come soon!) It's like this little homemaker has made its place in my happy heart. There is lots of natural light. The ceilings are high (a major feat for East Van + our budget)! It is becoming cozy. There are picture frames out. I have a new tea kettle. I like our furniture - Craigslist for the win! It's comfy. We have room to host people. Andrew reassembled my spinning spice rack. I am cooking again.

6. Andrew. Sharing life and home with him is the most wonderful. On our recent days off, we've made our way to the north shore to get back on our favourite hiking trails. He is incredibly romantic, as shown by a beautiful Valentines evening. We've had fun setting up house and life here in Vancouver. We are continuing to learn grace and love and servanthood for each other. We are continuing to learn how to work through differences and conflict. We are continuing to enjoy each other and our marriage.

7. I've had a good number of Sarah-days that fuel on this introverted heart. This makes me energetic. I feel like my true, true self. I am refreshed. Refined. I journal, read, reflect... clean, shop, organize, make home. These are good days.

8. I've been regular with spending time with the Lord. Time reading my Bible in the morning over breakfast, breaths of prayer throughout the day, repentance and deep healing, discussion with fine people about life and truth. Practicing thankfulness; receiving joy. God is good.

I am breathing praise, folks.
And it is good.
I am happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment